Thesis (Jan 2015)
My PhD thesis focused on
computational approaches to facilitating sustainable forms of transit, including electric
vehicles, carsharing, and electric bikes. It is a composition of many of the works below, with
the exception of the work on storage adoption and data center design.
- T. Carpenter, L. Golab, S. J. Syed. Is The Grass Greener? Mining Electric
Vehicle Opinions. e-Energy 2014.
Download: [PDF] [ACM Link]
- T. Carpenter, S. Keshav, J. Wong. Sizing Finite Population Vehicle Pools. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, Volume PP, Issue 99, 2014.
Download: [PDF] [IEEE Link] [Bibtex] [Errata]
- T. Carpenter, A. R. Curtis, S. Keshav. The Return On Investment for Taxi Companies Transitioning to Electric Vehicles. Transportation Vol 40, No. 4, July 2013.
Download: [PDF] [Springer Link] [Bibtex]
- T. Carpenter, S. Singla, P. Azimzadeh, S. Keshav. The Impact of Electricity
Pricing Schemes on Storage Integration In Ontario. e-Energy 2012.
Download: [PDF] [TechReport w/ proofs][ACM Link] [Slides] [Bibtex]
- A. R. Curtis, T. Carpenter, M. Elsheikh, A. López-Ortiz, S. Keshav.
REWIRE: An Optimization-based Framework for Data Center Network Design. INFOCOM
- T. Carpenter, S. Keshav, J. Wong, P. Kytsmey. Sizing a Carshare For Arbitrary Demand Patterns.
Under submission at IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems.
2010: SIGCSE Student Research Competition Winner